Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Today's Workspace: New Studio Space


I realised that I haven't actually taken any pictures of the new Little Miss Delicious studio since we moved in October because I haven't really been happy with it. Since the day we moved in all I've done is work - I hadn't even really finished unpacking everything, so there was just no order at all! With the rush of Hallowe'en then Christmas, I hadn't had any time to sort it, so I've been busy this week trying to get it in some sort of order. While the space isn't as big as my last studio room, I think I actually quite prefer working in a smaller space - it makes it a lot easier to get to everything, especially considering I manage to lose my scissors at least 3 times a day. And it's meant I have to be a little more savvy when it comes to storage, especially since we have a little kitten now so anything that might be a toy needs to be kept in a box!



I still need to buy a couple of extra shelves for the units and picture frames so I can get some art up on the walls which are looking very boring at the moment - by the time I'm happy with it, it'll probably be time to move again! I'm also due a big restock of all the fun extras I now stock from other companies, which is why some units are looking a little bare, but overall I think I actually prefer this in terms of practicality. It's nice having a separate table specifically for packaging, as well as a unit for bookkeeping and other boring business things tucked away in the corner.




I'm trying not to get too comfortable since our contract ends in May, so we aren't here for too long but I'm definitely a lot happier with it now, and thanks to Pinterest I've been collecting plenty of ideas for my next workspace already! Sorry some of the pictures are a bit rubbish - perks of living in Newcastle in winter, we rarely get sunshine.

What would your ideal workspace be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...