Thursday, 22 January 2015

Throwback Thursday

I've been considering posting this for a while, but I keep wimping out! I started Little Miss Delicious 5 years ago as a hobby, and I've come a long way since then. I spend hours working on each individual piece and due to the handmade nature of my pieces, over the years my techniques and processes have changed a lot and (hopefully!) improved along the way. I try and re-photograph pieces over time so the website shows a current representation of the product, but I always keep the old shots to help show me how far I've come. I've always been too embarrassed to share them, but I thought I'd give you a little insight into the journey of LMD designs from when I first started to now!


 





Everyone has to start somewhere, and it's really interesting being able to see my journey over the past 5 years in picture form. When you're buying a handmade product, you aren't just buying that finished result. You're buying all those years of trial and error, all the experimentation, experience and hard work that led to the final product, all the upgrades in tools and equipment (including cameras!). You aren't just buying an item, you're buying a piece of the artist and their journey.

I'm excited to see how LMD designs evolve even more over the next 5 years!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! The early versions are supercute as well, but it's really interesting to see the evolution of each piece! xx
    http://tinygreycat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love this!!!
    I am doing the same with my jewellery! I recently started using apoxie sculpt because it is much more durable than polymer clay! Unfortunately it pushes up the prices bc of material costs =(
    Great evolution! I've only done this for a uear but I hope to one day look back as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should be embarressed, we all have to start off somewhere and no one starts off brilliant at anything, they say the key to talent, is practice, practice and more practice. When I look back at my first sewn dresses and even my newer ones people say they look great but I think we can be our own worst critic because we know we can push ourselves to evolve our work and always want to do better which is good.

    I also think it's good to look back and see how well we have progressed and feel proud that we've come so far. I think your earlier designs are just as brilliant as your new ones! Anyway I'll stop rambling now :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...