Friday, 21 November 2014

Feature Friday: Miss Fortune

In the run up to Christmas I'll be doing weekly Feature Friday posts to highlight some of my favourite small businesses and independent designers to help you find some indie gems this festive season!


 When it comes to clothing, the amazing Miss Fortune is always my favourite this time of year. Miss Fortune has been making rockabilly and vintage 1950's style clothing since 2005, and are still going as strong as ever! I've been a fan of Miss Fortune for many years now, and the quality of their pieces and thought that goes into each new range never fails to amaze me.

Fiesta Skirt

Laura, the talented lady behind Miss Fortune says 'I came up with the concept of Miss Fortune in 2005. At first I was just hand making a small selection of rockabilly clothing, selling though my website and online auction sites and working from my garage. 
 
I got out of education in 2006 and began to set up the business on a bigger scale, in 2007 I got my first premises and began taking wholesale orders from shops in the UK and Europe in early 2008.
These days the clothing is made at a manufactures in the UK and sold as far afield as New Zealand and the USA.'

Emma Dress

Laura's inspiration comes from all over the place, whether it be an interesting fabric or trim or people she knows. 'I think designing with real people in mind makes my clothing more appealing and practical. I also look at pictures from the forties and fifties for inspiration and sometimes I put certain music on to help me design a certain style of garment, for example I might listen to the Stray Cats while I am designing rockabilly clothing and maybe The Meteors when I am trying to come up with something a bit harder edged and psychobilly!'

Cropped Shirt - Hearse

Miss Fortune designs are made to suit a range of figures and are focused on flattering the figure and making the most of a girls curves! They use the best quality fabric and work hard to provide good quality garments, manufactured in the UK, resulting in beautiful high quality creations that hug all the right places.

Cupid's Girl - Off The Shoulder Top

Make sure you check out Miss Fortune's website - it's full of beautiful vintage inspired treasures perfect for the upcoming party season, as well as stocking plenty of accessories from brands such as Lux De Ville to add that extra touch of glam to your outfit!

You can find Miss Fortune here:
Website: www.missfortune.co.uk


Feature Friday is about celebrating all things creative and inspiring. Want to see your favourite brand featured on the Little Miss Delicious blog? Please email details to info[at]littlemissdelicious.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...