Friday, 20 June 2014

Home Sweet Home

I promised myself I wouldn't start any more blog posts with an apology for not posting in a while, but moving home definitely merits extenuating circumstances. I had no idea moving was so time consuming - how people can do that every year is beyond me! But nearly a month later and we're finally all unpacked, settled and back to normal.


Moving in together didn't feel like a huge step in our relationship - it more felt inconvenient not to, so as soon as Ash's contract was up on his old place we decided to take the plunge and find our own place, and I can honestly say I've never been happier! These past 3 weeks have easily been the best of my life.


Not only is it amazing to be able to have everything in one place after a year of chaos, but I get to spend every day with my best friend - what could be better than that? 

Getting my new studio room sorted was the main priority, mostly because I'd already had to take a week off just to get everything packed and ready to move, so I was itching to get back to work. 






It's still a bit of a work in progress at the moment and everything has already been moved at least twice since these pictures were taken, but I'm so happy with how much space I have to work from - having separate tables for painting and fabric work again is not a novelty that will wear off any time soon!

It feels amazing to have my own space and finally have everything sorted so I'm free to spend my days working again (and there's definitely been lots of catching up to do!). Let's just ignore the fact that the TV still isn't on the wall though...




1 comment:

  1. The place looks great already and very you. I love all the artwork and of course the giant ice cream cone, is it a lamp?
    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...