Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Highlights of 2013

As many of you may already know, 2013 was a very difficult year for me. I lost my grandad due to a brain tumour, so spent the first half of the year helping care for him, and the second half trying to deal with the loss of someone so dear to me. I've avoided doing a summary of the year, because I wasn't entirely sure what to say. Instead, I thought it might be nice to look back at the highlights and focus on the positive!

LOOK Magazine

2013 was definitely the year of press for Little Miss Delicious, with coverage from many well known high street magazines including Shout, Bliss and Mizz, but the highlight for me was by far LOOK Magazine. 


I used to buy it religiously every week, and I still can't quite believe my jewellery was featured in it! Hopefully this year will bring even more amazing exposure.

Trip to Spain


I was very lucky to be able to go away for a few days to Spain with my other half. It was really lovely to unwind and just relax, even though I spent the whole time feeling guilty I wasn't working!



Obviously CM Punk had to come with us, loving any opportunity to get his picture taken...




New Stock: Phone Cases and Hair Bows


Last year (I'm still not used to saying that!) saw a huge expansion in the range of products on www.littlemissdelicious.com, but my personal favourites out of all the new additions were definitely the phone cases and hair bows.



Now that I know I can get custom fabric made, expect lots of new exciting products over the next year ;)

Launch of ALPHA Newcastle


My super talented boyfriend and his equally talented friends changed the entire scene in Newcastle by launching ALPHA, which in less than a year has easily become the best night out in Newcastle!


Photos by Eddy Maynard

I'm so incredibly proud of everything they've achieved, and can't wait to see what antics they have in store for this year now they'll be moving to the o2 Academy permanently.

Spending Time with Family and Friends

With everything that happened in the last year, it put things in perspective and helped me realise what's most important, and I'm very grateful I was able to spend as much time as I could with loved ones.




London Tattoo Convention

It was amazing to do London Tattoo Convention for a second time - and have a trusty helper this time too! 


I always love being able to meet customers, one of the downsides of running an online business is I never really get to see people's initial reactions or get feedback, so events are always helpful in this way, and LTC is definitely one of my favourites!



Andrew WK

I don't know if it says more about me, or just maybe how I spent 2013 in general, but Andrew WK tweeting me 'When it's time to party we will PORRIDGE HARD' genuinely made my year that little bit more complete.


Seriously though, what a guy!

Working with Charis Talbot Photography and Radiant Inc

I've worked with many amazing photographers and models over the past few years, but this year the work Charis Talbot Photography and Radiant Inc have done for Little Miss Delicious has definitely stuck with me!

I'm very hesitant to send items away to shoots for free these days due to multiple bad experiences that I don't wish to repeat, but when Radiant Inc got in touch I knew I couldn't pass up an opportunity to work with some of my favourite creatives in the industry - and they definitely didn't disappoint!


Photographer: Radiant Inc
Models: Annalee Belle and Moxie Macabre
Jewellery and Accessories: Little Miss Delicious

I first met Charis back when I was still modelling but at the point I was unsure of myself and whether it was really what I wanted to be doing, and I could not have picked a better person to have my last shoot with! I'm so glad we stayed in touch, and I've gotten to work with her so frequently this year with such amazing results, so when it came to picking a local photographer to shoot model shots for my website, I knew straight away it'd be Charis.


Model: Beth Dooley
Jewellery and Accessories: Little Miss Delicious

Her attention to detail and passion to help get her clients exactly what they want is just incredible, and I'd highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Mr Pickles

Last but definitely not least, it wouldn't feel right writing about the highlights of 2013 without mentioning the cutest little addition to the family! 


Mr Beaker Pickles (or Beaky as Ash likes to call him!) came into our lives late in December, and we haven't stopped smiling and aww-ing at him ever since. 


A work colleague of a friend saw someone illegally selling African pygmy hedgehogs all bundled up together in a tiny box. She reported the lady to the RSPCA, but one little guy was sticking his head out and she just couldn't resist taking him home! Lucky for us she decided to go travelling so he needed a new permanent home - and that's how Beaky came to us! To say we were eager to take on caring for this little hedgie would be an understatement.You can read about our experience of being hedgehog parents so far here.


I've definitely become a crazy hedgehog lady already, so expect to be bombarded with cute hedgehog pictures continuously from now on ;)



2 comments:

  1. Are you on the lookout for a Photofacial gurgaon? Learn more at http://www.skindelhi.com/photoRejuvenationFacials.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard information a person supply in your guests? Is gonna be again often to check out new posts

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...