I'm never found without my trusty bag, so thought it'd be fun to give a little insight into the many, many things I keep inside of it! I'm one of those people that very rarely empties their bag, so after a while it just ends up containing my life.
- Kathy Reichs 206 Bones: I'm on a total Kathy Reichs kick at the moment. I've been going through her novels for a few months now, and I'm completely hooked!
- Kittens Diary: I have 3 diaries - one that lists each month over 2 pages, one that has it by week, and one that has a day per page. I keep the last one in my bag at all times as I tend to plan out my days from morning to night, so it's nice to have it on hand to keep me on track.
- British Museum Notebook: I was visiting London alone for an event and ended up having an awful stressful time, so when I had some free time on my last day I decided to do a trip round all my favourite museums. It's still easily one of the best days of my life, so out of all the many (many, many, many) notebooks I have, I keep this one on me at all times because it reminds me that no matter what is happening, sometimes taking some time out for yourself might help give some clarity. It's nearly full now though since I'm a crazy list maker, so maybe it's time to start hunting for a replacement! Good job a little birdie told me there will be new Little Miss Delicious notebooks available very soon ;)
|Lists make the world a better place|
Cosmetics and Beauty Products
- Soap and Glory Hand Food: By far my favourite hand cream, I can't go anywhere without this stuff!
- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb: No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to find a perfume I like more than Flowerbomb. A friend once actually said if she ever missed me, she'd just walk past the Viktor and Rolf stand in Fenwicks because she just associates it with me now!
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant: This was always my favourite product, and I was totally heartbroken when it ran out. I was doing a shoot with the amazing Flashes and Lashes team and just mentioned in passing to Sali how much I missed it, and she made me up a little tub of it! Such a sweetheart. So it lives in my bag to keep my lips nice and moisturised as well as to remind me that there are some genuinely lovely people in this world, and I'm lucky enough to know some of the most fabulous ones!
- Carmex: For the moments when I want moisturised lips as well as the tasty taste of cherry ;)
- Dove Deodorant: making the world a less smelly place, one spray at a time
- I also always carry a Little Miss Delicious pocket mirror and Rockalily lipstick, which live inside my penguin purse!
- When my favourite purse was stolen last year, my nana loaned me a spare plain black one she had, and it's just lived in my bag ever since!
- Penguin: As I said, the cute little penguin houses my lipstick and mirror. I've found it's the perfect way to stop my mirror getting scratched/them both getting lost in the depths of my bag! It's deceivingly big so I can also fit eye liner and an eyebrow pencil inside, so it makes for the perfect little overnight makeup bag. I won the purse in this silly greedy bingo game we played at Christmas - it was so much fun!
|A selection of the other prizes from greedy bingo. So funny, although some of them did make me worry about my family...|
- Painkillers: I never leave the house without at least paracetamol - something I'm sure all spoonies can relate to. Sometimes IC flare ups can come on so badly I just can't move, and I hate the idea of it happening somewhere in public when I'm alone. It's more like carrying a security blanket to fall back on rather than something that will help combat the pain since it's usually not strong enough to actually do anything!
- Elmiron: This is the latest long term medication my specialist has prescribed me, and it's actually the first one I've ever had good results with (fingers crossed). It doesn't help with any other symptoms, but it does seem to stop me from having incredibly painful flare ups as frequently. I still get bad ones, but they're more once a month now rather than a weekly occurrence. It does make me feel crazy sick every time I take it which isn't ideal when I have to take it 3 times a day without food, but hopefully if I mention that at my next appointment there'll be something they can do to combat it.
And finally - it wouldn't be right to have a little looksie inside my bag without finding at least a few snacks in there! Although I have to admit the Maoam strips are a little something extra I picked up to include in parcels rather than for myself - I've gone off sweets for a while since the last time I ate one it ended up costing me over £200 in dental fees! Little heads up guys, toffee is not worth it. Stay away from the toffee!
So that's a rather long summary of the contents of my bag! What's in yours?