Monday, 6 August 2012

Hogletgate

I'm so blown away by the response to my last blog post. It's had over 1,000 views already, the fact that so many of you took the time to read it and send such supportive emails and comments has completely overwhelmed me. I'm so glad sharing my experience has helped raise awareness, as well as show others that suffer similar illnesses that there are more of us out there than you may think!

Anyway, on to something a bit more cheery... I'm now a mother!


My garden randomly filled with baby hedgehogs a few days ago, but they were just roaming around all huddled together and my parents worried that wasn't normal behaviour so they rang the British Hedgehog Preservation Society (I checked, it's a real thing!) and apparently it means they've been left by their mother, and now my parents need to help look after them. However, both my parents work away, so I've taken over hoglet duties by putting food and water out. And awwing over them at a safe distance for hours on end. It's the perfect motherhood between real babies and cats. I'm living the dream.


Real mummy hedgehog came back, but despite our efforts to lead her to her babies with a trail of food, she's now left again. Shame on you mummy hedgehog! Any day soon she'll be taking her swagger on Jeremy Kyle, wearing a little hedgehog tracksuit.

I'm sending my dad daily updates so he doesn't miss them too much, and today the man that usually sends one word texts sent me this beauty - 'Their drink plate is under their food plate - THEY MIGHT BE THIRSTY!! arghhhhh'. I kind of want to frame that text so anytime I feel sad, I can look at it and laugh just as much as I did the first time I read it (don't worry, I'm a good mother - they have a new water bowl now).

It's like real life viva pinata around here, and I genuinely could not be happier. I'm just waiting for them to eat seeds in the garden and change colour. I'm kind of hoping we get a doenut next.



3 comments:

  1. I've never seen a hedgehog before- but just looking at the pictures makes me go "aww!" :).

    Katherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen one before they all appeared in my garden, but now I'm totally smitten! xo

      Delete
  2. Arghhh I am so envious! I want little hedgehog babies!!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...