Tuesday, 3 January 2012

8 Goals for 2012

I've never really been one to make new years resolutions as I've always understood that they're made to be broken within the first week. So instead, I set myself achievable goals for the year ahead. These are my goals for 2012 -

1: Start taking outfit pictures: A lot of my purchases recently have been new clothes as I was starting to realise I was living in pjs a little bit too much! Although some days I don't leave the house, I feel blogging about the outfits I wear will help keep me motivated to make effort with my appearance every day. Plus, it's a great excuse to buy myself pretty buy clothes! ;)


2. Take more risks: I've spent the past few years being very closed off, but I don't really want to live like that any more. This is the year I'm going to make myself realise it's ok to make mistakes and/or get hurt, you just have to learn from it, then get back up and keep going.

3. Offer work experience placements: While working 18 hours a day doesn't seem that long since I love what I do, the workload is now becoming too much for one person. It was only when I took a break over Christmas that I realised how over-worked I have actually become, and it would be great to have someone to help maybe once a week. I'll be putting up a post soon with more information about this, so keep your eyes peeled!

2. Read more: I used to read a lot of books when I commuted to university, but since doing Little Miss Delicious full time for some reason I've stopped. I got lots of new books for Christmas, so hopefully this is one I can definitely stick to!


4. Be more social: I've been really shy ever since I can remember but this is something I really hope to overcome. I've started saying yes to things more, and I'm starting to feel the difference already. Running my own networking group is also going to be the perfect opportunity to ensure I don't slack with this.

6: Exercise: It may seem simple, but working from home means the only exercise I get these days is walking downstairs to get pie from the fridge (no, really - I love pie). While I'm happy with my shape, I'm not so happy about getting out of breath doing the smallest things. I'm not really one for gyms, so until I can afford a cross trainer I'm hoping to start off by doing exercise videos at least twice a week. Hopefully doing light exercise on a regular basis will also sort out my sleep pattern, and provide a bit more structure to my daily routine.

7. Travel more: I always say I'd like to travel places, but I never do. This year I'm actively going to change that and try to go to at least 2 new places. I've already booked a trip around America in April, and I would love to go to mainland Europe sometime too. I'm also going to try and go back to London at least once every 2 months. While I don't really want to move back, I still love London and everyone I met there - it would be great to be able to see them more. 


7. Be happy: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, my goal for this year is to be happy. I've spent too long focusing on little things and dwelling on bad times, it's time to be more positive and live life to the fullest!

What are your goals for this year?

Artwork by Stuff No-one Told Me



6 comments:

  1. Some lovely goals honey! Good luck accomplishing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals, outfit posts would be amazing and how exciting to have a little assistant once a week!!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really need to invest in a tripod already so I can start doing outfit posts. And I'll be looking for work experience placements soon - so excited! xo

      Delete
  3. Good luck in achieving some of these!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...