Wednesday, 15 June 2011

London, Baby!

My best friend came to visit me in London for the first time since I moved here 3 years ago, so I was very excited and planned the most amazing itenary based around being silly tourists. However, we were both exhausted and couldn't find a pop up map to stand on, so the itenary went out the window.


We still managed to do a few touristy things in between all the napping and cocktails, including trips to Camden (where I finally got my tongue pierced, after 2 years of umming and ahhing), Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square.


After years of mocking my obsession with dinosaurs, I took her to the Natural History Museum so she can see how amazing they are and be converted into a dino lover too, but the dinosaur exhibit was closed so we made friends with a seal instead.


We also went to see Ghost Stories at the theatre, which I'd highly recommend, despite spending the entire day before moaning about how I'm scared of my own shadow and so would never sleep again. I only screamed once during the show, which I feel is an achievement for me!

Sadly her trip was cut short when work called her in earlier than expected, so I've spent the past few days mourning the lack of Toni in my life. Thankfully, when she was here we bought lots of comfort food without actually meaning to, so at least I'm well stocked to drown my sorrows with sugar!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time together, just a shame it got cut short! I would never be brave enough to get my tongue pierced, ouch!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an AWESOME time together! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so lovely! Especially as I don't get too see her too much anymore since we're at other ends of the country.

    It definitely hurt getting pierced, but it's so worth it! It's easily my favourite piercing already :) xo

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...