Saturday, 29 January 2011

Events: Amelia's Compendium of Fashion Illustration

I had the pleasure of attending the launch of Amelia Gregory's new book, Amelia's Compendium of Fashion Illustration, last night. It was a wonderful night consisting of live music, yummy cake by Lily Vanilli, carbon neutral beer by Adnams, and lots of amazing designers and bloggers!


After getting very lost on the way from Old Street Station (I'm so useless when it comes to getting around in East London!), we ended up arriving just as the band, 6 Day Riot, were about to start.


They were absolutely amazing! I love music that makes you smile, and they definitely achieve that. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see them live again sometime soon :) After that it was time for lots of dancing as the lovely The Pipettes were DJing, followed by a DJ set by Will of the Mystery Jets!


Turns out I'd met one half of The Pipettes on a night out at Punk! Small world.


It was lovely to get the chance to talk to so many talented people. I also met my lipstick twin! I absolutely loved the colour of her lipstick and find it very difficult to find the perfect red (a problem I'm sure a lot of you girls also suffer!), but when I asked it turned out we actually had the same one haha. Seems I have good taste without realising!

The book itself features lots of amazing up and coming fashion illustrators, including Erica Sharp, June Chanpoomidole, Amy Martino and lots more!

It also has interviews with lots of ethical fashion designers, such as Fifi Bijoux, Hetty Rose and Tara Starlet, who is personally one of my favourite designers! It also has an interview with eco fashion store 123 Benthal Green Road, which is where the launch was held.


I've never actually been in the store, but I may have to go back when it's open to have a look around - it looked so pretty!

The book can be found at Tate Modern, Magma,Tatty Devine and many other good independent book stores across the UK! You can  also get a sneak peak of the books content over at Amelia's Magazine. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. I remember seeing you last night and being mesmerized by your blue hair, fab post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Hope you had a good time, it's a shame we didn't get the chance to talk! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this book looks great....thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mention and the sweet words! It's was lovely to meet you even if it's brief moment. Kept your business card safe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the party and the wonderful Amelia. I especially enjoyed the Vodka O cocktails (http://www.aussiespirits.com)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...